Do regular and appropriate skin cleansing
To cleanse your skin and remove excess sebum, dirt and impurities while removing makeup, choose the treatment that suits your skin.
For that a method:
– F = Fat
To cleanse your skin, choose a fatty oil (rich in saturated fatty acids and Omega 9). It will then be very easy to take off and dissolve lipophilic molecules such as makeup, excess sebum, impurities …
– N = Natural
A natural vegetable oil will have a composition close to that of your skin and will be composed of 100% of active molecules. Choose an organic vegetable oil, first cold pressing called virgin, which will be the most qualitative.
– A = Adapted
As each skin type has its own needs, choose the oil that is right for you
x Combination or oily skin: Jojoba oil
x Sensitive skin: Apricot or Sweet Almond oils
x Dry skin: Avocado or Coconut oils *
x Mature skin: Argan, Apricot or Macadamia oils
– C = Comedogenicity
The comedogenicity index corresponds to the tendency that an oil may have to clog the pores, and therefore encourage the appearance of pimples and blackheads for the skins which are subject to it. It varies from 0 to 5.
* The Coconut Oil index is 4-5
How to clean my skin:
Thanks to the method you have found the oil that matches your skin! You can use it:
– as it is: put 2 to 3 drops of vegetable oil in the palm of your hand, then massage your face with your fingertips, paying particular attention to the areas to be removed and cleansed. Eliminate the residues with a cotton for example.
– in the form of liniment: liniment is a kind of cold saponification of a vegetable oil with lime water. However, not all vegetable oils can be used in liniment.
– in soap: be careful though because cleaning with water is not suitable for all skin types because it can be too aggressive!
Cleanse your skin morning and evening.
To perfect the cleaning you can use a hydrosol.
The comedogenicity index is calculated on 5 degrees.
– Clue 0: NOT AT ALL COMEDOGENIC (Jojoba, Argan, Avocado, Babassu, Baobab, Camelia, Cameline, Hemp, Hazelnut, Rice Bran, Sunflower ..)
– Index 1 and 2: LITTLE COMEDOGENE (Apricot, Sweet almond, Sea buckthorn, Safflower, Chaulmogra, Macadamia, Nigella, Evening primrose, Grapeseed, Castor oil, Sesame, Soybeans
– Index 3 and 4: COMEDOGENE (Borage, Cotton, Linen, Coconut, Peach Kernel, Rosehip, Cocoa)
– Clue 5: VERY COMEDOGENIC (Wheat Germ)
Source: Oleassence en Lubéron